Thursday, January 20, 2011

Long time, no blog!

I've been so overwhelmed with dogs, birds, geriatric duty and so on and so forth that I haven't had time to keep up with my blogging ...or even my reading, but I ALWAYS try to catch up on all the D-Moms because I SO need their understanding and [sometimes] humor!


My poor mom has been in and out of ER rooms so many times I've lost count, my darling dog had to have part of her liver removed and my other older dog has Congestive Heart failure .... geeezzee, what a MONTH!

Little Ashlee, the D-Grandchild just had her regular Endo check and (as I told her mother), I don't think I like him very much ....and I don't even know him! I told Bill, my hubby, yesterday that maybe it's time, once my Mom is really stable, for me to take a trip to Arkansas and just wreak havoc on the "system" there (her insurance, etc.) to get thinks easier for Amy to handle. Ashlee's A1C remained at 8.5, unchanged from last check ....but, one good think is that her Endo has now requested that Amy email him a daily log / journal of BG , food (you know the drill) every two weeks .... something he never asked her to do in the past ...which is the reason , I guess, she never thought it was important to journal!

I wish I had photos of ER rooms .... I do have sick doggie and lost pigeon pics !! Have to post them later! Poor pigeon is a Racing Pigeon! Suffice to say ....he/she lost ....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear from you Pam - and sorry things are so crazy and hectic and kind of a downer for you right now. You definitely have your hands full for sure.

Let me know when you are creating the havoc in Arkansas...maybe I can help with on-line support! LOL.

(((HUGS)))