Wednesday, May 4, 2011

it's been a long time .....

I haven't updated this blog for some time now .... however, I still check the blogs I follow (all the Darling D-Moms and such) whenever I get a chance.

Diabetes is depressing! I get alot of chuckles from some of your antics ... up's and down's, HIGH's and LOW's! Lord, I pray daily for the comic relief I get from some of you girls! I cry alot, too. NOT an hour of my day (and sometimes in my sleep) DIABETES creeps in. I want it to be over... cured... no more! I want a cure for my Darling little 7 year old Ashlee ... and for my Mom and for ALL the T1's young, old and every age in-between!

We rescued a cat ... and several months into our "ownership" (if anyone ever really owns a cat), Baby Leeza, short for Condoleeza, became constipated (I thought) ... after a week of lethargy I took her to the Vet. She had DIABETES! It pains me to say she had to be put to sleep ... she was unable to deal with the shots and would hide from us to avoid the needle ... and the illness took over. Then, when our little G-daughter was diagnosed, my mind kept creeping back to poor Condoleeza Kitty .... if a CAT can't deal with daily injections and wants to run-a-way from home to avoid them ... what is going through a six-year-olds mind??? Ashlee, too, HATES the pokes from testing and shots. Will she, one day, run away from it all? Will she give up on her diabetes? Will she be able to live a normal life, grow up and have children? My brain is in hyper-drive today ...with diabetes shifting my gears, our whole family is "diabetes dysfunctional" I'm afraid, with everyone ...including D-child's Mom & Pop ...just letting it "ride"! The "ME" generation at it's finest.

You know ... somedays you're better off just staying in bed! Today is one of those days!

2 comments:

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Glad to hear from you again.

Diabetes can definitely be depressing at times.

Don't give up on Ashlee! There's hope for the future! She may just surprise you and turn into a diabetes rockstar, handling diabetes much better than her parents!

Unknown said...

I have MISSED you! I always look at my blogroll under "D' GRANDRENT BUDDIES" to see if you have posted.

I am so sorry about the D Dysfunction. I am hopeful for Ashlee too. Don't give up. xoxo