Wednesday, December 8, 2010

FANATIC

That would be me ... the whole Family thinks I'm a crazed, diabetic NUT-JOB.....

SO SAD .... TOO BAD ...

No one wants to pull their head(s) out of the sand and see what is going to happen to our D-Darling if someone doesn't start taking this serious!

I ONLY wanted to take her to the LomaLinda Children's Diabetic Clinic for a fun outing with other kids! Kids who PUMP ... kids who don't pump ... fun learning activities and LESSONS for little ones on logging and making their OWN DAILY routine(s) FUN FUN FUN .... and also to see that its NOT SO TRAGIC! Other 7 year olds give them self shots ... no big deal ... its an awareness issue and a definite confidence booster!

More later ...after TENNIS ... hope I win!

I LOST POOH

2 comments:

Heidi / D-Tales said...

I don't understand why everyone is so resistant and thinks you're a fanatic. Your ideas make perfect sense to me!

I can tell you from personal experience that it was been nothing but one positive experience after another, introducing Jack to other kids with D, getting to know other kids with D, and letting him see how other kids manage their disease, watch other kids test their BG, see other moms count carbs and administer insulin via pump and syringe, witnessing others' lows, etc.

It's made him realize he's not alone. He feels such a connection to these other D kiddos.

We love our D group get-togethers.

And, really, my husband, my two other non-D kids, and I have benefitted as much as Jack has.

I hope you win!!!! Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

I hope you win Pam!!!

And, I don't understand the resistance you are meeting with the fam on wanting to have Ashlee go to this awesome outing.

The only things I have heard about PWDs meeting other PWDs...is POSITIVE. Basically, the long and the short of it is ... no one can understand what a crappy day of highs or lows feels like than another PWD. No one can understand the rigorous care schedule that goes hand-in-hand with "d" like a PWD.

I am so sorry that you are having a rough time getting the family on board with your wonderful ideas Pam. You are amazing and I applaud you for "getting" it.

(((HUGS)))