Friday, December 3, 2010

Someone please advise

OK ... so the D-child is HERE and both sets of G-Parents are in charge of her care ... (not my idea) .... BUT PLEASE HELP ME ....

Problem ... other D-G'ma has her for next five days and when I asked how her numbers were, she smiled and told me JUST PERFECT ... Wow, I was impressed!! After a bit more conversation she told me her secret for keeping numbers in range ... SHE IS ONLY FEEDING HER SIRLOIN PATTIES ...THAT'S IT! BREAKFAST LUNCH & DINNER.... She thought it was smart to just not give her carbs...

I know this is not the way!! OMG OMG ... I don't want to cause a Family Feud .. my hubby said to keep my nose out of it ...but, once again, I haven't been able to sleep from the worry of five straight days of protein only ... Please pray for our little Ashlee!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy COW (literally)!!!! That stinks Pam. How is Ashlee doing with it?

That is a dicey situation for sure. I hope she is OK...UGH. You are in a tough situation there.

Hallie Addington said...

Oh good GOD. What about some other very low carb options... like veggies? Does Mama know this??? I'd hit the frickin' ROOF if my MIL did this.

I know you are really in a dicey situation. Does this other GMa know about T1? Cared for her before?

Not good. Not good. They NEED carbs. And her poor little belly.

I'll pray. And I guess my advice would be to tell Mama and Papa... let them be the heavy....

Pam said...

Oh girls .... THANK you so much! The other G-Ma DOES know about T1! She has actually got a Master's Degree in education (now retired) but she is very tender hearted and the T1 G-Child KNOWS how to push those G-Ma buttons ... Ashlee HATES for ANYONE to give her shots EXCEPT MaMa! ahhhhh ... Ashlee is the one choosing her diet ...not Grandma Linda! She just figures it will be OK for a few days ...I have put the issue into God's hand! It has been a very dicey few days ... they think I'm a fanatic and I guess I am .... {{{{{heavy sigh}}}}}

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Seriously?????? Sirloin patties and that's it??? OMG! Well, I understand Ashlee being able to push buttons, but there are other low-carb foods, too. Poor kid must've gotten sick of all those burgers!