Monday, July 12, 2010

"D" doesn't pay rent

You know, DIABETES moved into our homes, lives, hearts and heads. First, my Mother some 20 years ago ... and now our beloved Ashlee, five months ago. Don't get me wrong, we are usually very welcoming of new ideas and guests .... but if "D" wants to live here ... It MUST pay rent!



Myrnx is on her test run with the PUMP !!! Using just saline for the doses. She doing OK with the exception of the first site change .... after two hours she was in tears and told me she would NEVER be able to get it right! Well, of course, it all worked out and I am very excited to be taking her into the Diabetes Clinic on Wednesday to "fire-that-baby-up" !!!



I pray this Pump is the solution to her needs .... she is really wearing down and I love her so! I want her with me for always! Next step is to get Ashlee PUMPED-UP, too! As difficult as it is to get started, the long range benefits outweigh the trial and errors and haggling with the insurance! I also asked Amy to leave Ashlee with us for a few months ... to give her (Amy) a break and to show Ashlee how SPECIAL she is. I know we could pull it off ... especially now that I've been reading all these D-Mom Blogs! What a blessing these girls have been! AND Inspirational!

No comments: