Tuesday, November 9, 2010

OVERWHELMED by Diabetes

I was chit-chatting with "our little Poops" (that would be daughter Amy, who, since about 10, we've called her Amy-Poopski or "The Poops", but that's another blog). The conversation lingered on ... and she said she had something she needed to tell Me (us) ... she is very protective of her Dad (my husband, Bill) as he has had MAJOR health problems since age 48 ... he is 70 now. We don't ever lie to him ...but we are careful when we tell him "bad news" as the STRESS causes him to have TIA's and more! We basically try to keep Bill in a bubble ...of Happiness as his disease has progressed over the past 30 years.

Anyway, I could feel the fear welling up inside of me...NO NO NO I can't take anymore, I just knew she was going to say that another g-child had the Evil-D or WORSE...EVIL-C !!! The tears were starting to bubble up in my face .... when she said "Our new car got totaled last week, we loaned it to a friend to use while I used his car to go pick up Alexa in Dallas" (or something like that). I have NEVER been so relieved in my whole life! NO DIABETES!!! No Cancer! woohoo!!

I know it's a pain to have to go out and get another car for their Family (7 person vehicle!) BUT it's ALL GOOD ... Insurance paid them MORE than they paid for the car! and I just know that God is going to provide them with an even BETTER SUV (that's what they want)!

I just praise GOD that NO ONE WAS HURT and NO ONE ELSE has the EVIL-D!!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hip Hip Hooray for it only being the car. I know it stinks for your daughter, but boy oh boy you sure do have your priorities straight Pam...No D and No C are a godsend.

(((HUGS)))

Hallie Addington said...

Funny how it changes your perspective, huh? Well....not funny really. But you know... Glad it was only the car!!

Pam said...

Girls ... only us who have walked the "D" line understand! Burn my house down but don't let ANOTHER child have DIABETES!!

Unknown said...

HEAR HEAR! I totally get this post. Totally. Like in a TOTALLY JUSTIN BEIBER kind of way :)

BTW, I totally don't like him, but...you know...I hear the concert is fun :)

Pam said...

Wendy ... I never heard of him before ALL of this started ... but, I must say, he is a money machine! I feel bad for him and his mom .... he (she actually) have signed his life away, I guess until he turns 18 and can void his management contracts ... he probably gets 20% (which AIN'T bad) of all his endeavors ...kinda like what happened with Elvis and the Colonel ... he got 50%of everything ... even after Elvis died! If you look at the Biebs Pic, you see NO TEETH ...and NONE of the group from our "meet" group had a pic of him smiling ...poor kid! As for the concert, this old girl, like many others, sat in the car! ♥