Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chloe and HR


It's 4:30 am and my old darling "babies" have kept me up ...most of the night. NO Messes ... no vomit ... no diarrhea, for ONCE I wish that was the case. HR and Miss Chloe coughed LONG and HARD ... most of the night. They've had the "old dog" heart cough for a month or so (HR's much worse than Chloe's...but who cares?). I know what it means and I just can't bear losing either of them. Of course dogs don't live forever and people are so much more important .... but, when I look like poop or have a nasty attitude or am JUST plain mean (yes, I do have those days! ☺) THEY are the first to forgive me, love me, kiss me, make me laugh and, well, I just love them!
I've been afraid to make the Vet appointment but I guess there's always the possibility he can increase HR's medication ... I don't know what he can do for Chloe, just have to wait and see.
You know, I'd be the first person to "gently" suggest to a friend, who's pet is obviously in distress, to CONSIDER the obvious but my dogs are DIFFERENT ... they speak English, they know what I'm going to say before I say it ... they are precious souls ... how can I end it??? (You always feel differently when you put ON THOSE SHOES!)
Here they come ... time to EAT .... if I'm awake, it must be breakfast time in their minds ....
more later!
ps: Today is not the day!! I just know that day is coming and I'm blue thinking about it ... I have Romeo ... he's much younger. Chloe and H are not going anywhere YET (except to the vet) ... let's go visit Dr. Steve ..OH BOY , RIDE IN THE CAR ... OH BOY !!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:(... I hope the vet appt. goes well. I cannot even begin to imagine. We have had our Oscar (the dog in the pic with Joe on my last post) for only a year and a half. I just cannot imagine. They are like little people I think. (((HUGS)))