Sunday, October 17, 2010

D-Evil and Justin Bieber!

I shared this article with Amy. Years of un-checked blood sugars and just plain ignorance cost this woman most of her limbs.
We spoke yesterday and I can't even begin to describe the guilt I felt about "kinda" "sorta" IGNORING the fact that there are THREE other grand-children! When I call or see them ... its all about Ashlee. How's her numbers? What'd the Endo say? How's the B.A.N.T. going? ...sometimes for hours on end! Anyway, November 6 is Alexa's 11th Birthday ... Oh, excuse me, it's "Alexa Bieber" or "Beiber2theFever" , I can't keep track of all her pseudo names! ALL SHE WANTS FOR HER B-DAY : to go see Justin Beiber in Concert! Not an easy feat, I'm guessing! Tickets for the Concert nearest them are being scalped at over $900 EACH! Well, we sent her $$ EARLY for her birthday, just in case she does make it to a concert ... we shall see how it all works out. You know, I remember being ten years old ... The BEATLES came to America, I could have cared less! I was a kid who'd rather be with animals than people, guess that's why I DON'T understand any 10 year old CRYING for 8 hours straight...because of a boy she doesn't even know!
Poor Alexa feels left out and HAS since MARCH ... she's taken the back seat (sorta) to a little sister with D-Evil!! Oh, she knows its not Ashlee's fault ...but I see and hear the resentment. So I'm going to make an effort to see if there are any concerts in Cali when they come for business end of November. The kids will be in Palm Springs while Mom and Dad do business in San Diego! Since D-Evil moved in, Ashlee CANNOT be left with just anyone and it would really be hard on the other three if they ONLY brought Ashlee ...so, I'm driving to LAX to pick-them-up! What fun THAT will be! This trip I need to focus on the Non-D-Grandkids!
Looks like I'll be spending the next few hours reseaching Justin Beiber ... but I've got to walk the dogs first!
{{{{{{{s i g h}}}}}}}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Pam, I sooo get this post. As you know, I harbor quite a bit of guilt over the Evil-D's monopolizing my time and perhaps causing some resentment in my non-D kiddo, Bridget.

I applaud your efforts to make your other grandchildren feel special...even if you do have to research Justin Beiber...I don't know who he is. I think he is a singer, but Bridget hasn't gotten into him. I'm sure, in time, I'll be acutely aware of his fame. LOL.

I hope it all goes well with the grandkids! You are wonderful, btw, for "getting" it. It took some people in my life awhile to "get it" and some still don't...UGH.

Unknown said...

You're doing a great job :) 10. Yikes. I'm not ready for 10 on any level!

I know the guilt. I feel it over here too....sigh...

My mom also started a blog about being a D Gma, but she hasn't posted for a few months.

http://grandma2sweetgirls.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

Reyna and Wendy ...

Thank you girls! It so comforting to know some one else gets this "guilt" feeling !! You're BOTH very precious! I read your BLOGS to Romeo ☺ whenever I have a chance AND send to Amy (via Cut and Paste) but she hasn't accepted the level of life-long danger yet... which is WHY I have focused on the D-Girl so strongly . The fear I have is almost overwhelming maybe someday I will be able to articulate why ... {{sigh}} but not tonight :-(

Thank You, girls >>>> off to clean out Romeo's closet!

♥♥pb