Sunday, October 31, 2010

Why I lurk around your blog(s) ☺

A while back I blogged about D-MOMS but I feel the need to THANK YOU ALL once again!

My D-Granddaughter is of constant concern to me. I wish Amy (our D-Mom) was more like you darling girls. I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I've had all because of my [first hand]knowledge of the D-Care Ashlee is getting. Her numbers are BAD ...very bad! If not WAY TO LOW they are way TO HIGH. They DO NOT check her night BG at all. They don't have a Glucagon Rescue Kit (Amy said the Endo doesn't think it's necessary and that he doesn't Rx' them.) I could go on and on ... the bottom line is Amy and her husband REALLY don't realize how serious T1 is ... I'm not kidding.

A 13 year old T1 died a week or so ago from the "Dead in Bed Syndrome". (My Co-G-Ma asked me NOT to mention it at all to Amy, said it might frighten her!) I know so many of you, like myself, were hit very hard by this ever present REALITY!!! I think our daughter's response (although it DID bother her) was basically that it happened in Australia and the US has a much better level of diabetic care. That may be true, thankfully, but it can still happen to ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

Please don't get me wrong ...I am the first to PRAY DAILY that Ashlee will be cured! I BELIEVE that Jesus Christ died for me and that NOTHING is impossible for those who believe in his name. But, I also believe that we must live each day and not "dilly dally" around waiting for God to do a "miracle" for me ... or you ... or Amy ... or Ashlee! We need to JOYFULLY accept the life He hasn't chosen to give us ...and the path He has chosen us to walk.

Anyway, for those of you who've wondered why some goofy old lady is following your blog(s) now you know! Most of you girls (and your husbands) are Amy's age ... I think you're mostly "Thirty-Something" (one of my favorite TV shows of the 90's) and I have learned so much I have been able to SHARE with her. I love you all and feel like you're MY girls, too!

God Bless you all and your Families and, please, KEEP BLOGGING. I am SURE I'm not the only person reading all your helpful information and sharing with someone else! And a SPECIAL ♥THANK YOU♥ to "The Princess and the Pump" ! You were the VERY first Blog I found many, many months ago (while doing research on Dexcom CGM), through YOU, Darling Hallie, I found all the other D-Moms I follow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you too and you bring me strength and comfort. To know there is a grandma out there that cares and loves her grand daughter as you do is fantastic...to know "you get it"...well that is priceless my friend.

Pam said...

Reyna ... you are a gifted and talented young woman! WOW, and really a HOOT most of the time! If I lived closer I would be your ONE AND ONLY babysitter! Kids (not adults) LOVE me ... coming to my house is called "Camp Pam". I run a small petting zoo out of my (non-existent) Dining Room! Joe would just LOVE chasing Roadrunners and lizards who live across the street ... No skating here, except for the roller kind! Joe can come anytime! And I'd keep his D in check, that's for sure!

Joe, you and your FAMILY are on my daily Prayer List! My husband keeps asking me who ARE THOSE names on my list! I just tell him it's OUR "D" family! Nuf said!