Monday, October 4, 2010

I forgot!

Adele ... forgive me ...I forgot to "RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT" on October 1st! Oh pooh! What can I say ????

The pump my Mom started on first part of August has been "fired" by my Mom! (I call her The Myrnx) ... So distressing to me, her numbers were so good (with the pump) I truly believe it would have added years to her life, QUALITY YEARS ... full of fun and being able to scooty-poop around again and do all the fun things we used to love to do! Yard Sales, apple picking in Apple Valley, trips to SeaWorld and the Zoo and so MANY MANY things we did on a regular basis UNTIL the "EVIL D" decided to give The Myrnx "Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy" !!!

I am taking her into the Endo again tomorrow to DISCUSS all of the ramifications of going back to insulin shots. (He only put her on the pump because after 25 plus years of dealing with her T1, she has NEVER been able to really maintain any continuity with the numbers.) The Myrnx is truly a diabetic paradox! Oh well ... I'm so tired out I can't think straight anymore. It is so very very depressing ... AND to top off the whole thing ... The Myrnx's Endo thinks I am her OLDER SISTER every time I meet with him .... that's how much the Evil-D has aged me in the past 7 months ... since Ashlee, the 6-year-old granddaughter was diagnosed with T1 also! I don't care, I've earned these wrinkles and, if it really starts bothering me, I am fortunate to live in the Plastic Surgery Mecca of the West Coast! HA HA HA ... Dr.90210, do you give a AAA discount?

I'm going to bed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BUMMER! What does your mom dislike about the pump?

Love the AAA discount comment btw...too funny. I don't think we have many plastic surgeons in Vermont.

(((HUGS))) and hang in there.

Pam said...

Darling Little Reyna!

Unfortunately ... my mom is greatly stressed by all the FUNCTIONS of the Medtronic! BUT her numbers are wonderful with the pump. When you get older all of these new fangled hi-tech GIZMOS are hard to figure out! (And my mom has diabetic retinopathy, not bad yet, but greatly diminished vision.)The pump just plain freaks her out! I know the feeling, my husband got me an iTouch 4G for my B-day ... I was thrilled until I worked for TWO days trying to load it and wi-fi it and yadda yadda yadda ... I TOOK IT BACK! Then I realized that's what my mom was feeling! ☺ Some of us got it ... and some of us don't!

I just love you D-Moms who blog!! You are all such a blessing to me! You'll never know!

Pam