Thursday, October 28, 2010

Evil-D The Real World

Back to the REAL WORLD .... I was sent this website and can't tell you how excited the three home page videos (which is as far as I got) made me. I take my Mom to the Endo at Loma Linda Diabetes Clinic on Thursday and I'm loaded and re-invigorated with research questions. She (my mom) is going to TRY the pump one more time ... if she can't handle it, we'll be done with it ... too bad, too, her numbers were PERFECT on the pump! ( She is only trying the pump again because I cried and begged her to ... I want her to live as long as possible!)


The Myrnx at our last Endo visit
I wonder if all Adult Onset T1's have issues with the pump or if it's just the one's over 70 ?? Evil-D screws up your thinking process, no mater what your age, but its been very hard for my mom to handle all the settings and stuff with the pump ...and she had lessons for two months prior to starting it! Oh well, Lord knows, I'm trusting that everything will just fall into place!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, sweet Pam...hang in there. I hope it goes well. I can imagine it has to be hard for someone not familiar with all of the "gadgetry" to get used to it...and there are so many settings, etc. to get used to. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help and/or if you have any questions.

What type of pump is she going to use?

Pam said...

Darling Reyna ...you're a wonderful girl and D-Mom!! She is using the Medtronic Paradigm... and it's a clever gizmo, no doubt!
My Mom has issues with EMF's and feels that even tho her #'s are good, she FEELS ILL on the pump. Her Endo told me last month that he has many OLDER T1's that just can't handle the technology "upgrade" in their brains! ☺ I can understand that!

{{{hugs}}} When are you ready to Ice-Skate?? We wanna see pics!